Specialty: Retina, Vitreoretinal Surgery
Medical School: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
Residency: North Shore – Long Island Jewish Health System, Great Neck, NY
Fellowship: St. Michael’s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
Appointment Locations: Detroit
Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology & Ophthalmology, Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
2011 – Teacher of the Year, Ophthalmology Residency Program, University at Buffalo
2010 – June Callwood Oustanding Achievement Award, Voluntarism in Ontario for St Michael’s cataract mission
2003 – Family Physician’s Regional Representation Award, Albany Medical College
2002 – Alumni Association Scholarship, Albany Medical College
2001 – Commitment to Montreal Community Scholarship, Luxme International
1998 – Montreal Children’s Hospital Research Institute Scholarship for research in Endocrine Genetics, McGill University
1998 – Rona and Irving Levitt Scholarship for research proposal in Oncology, McGill University
1998 – Caritas Internationalis – Outstanding Volunteer Award for mission to Croatia and dedication to Croatian Community in Montreal
1. Lin, H, Lema G, Yoganathan, P. Prognostic indicators of visual acuity after open globe injury and retinal detachment repair. Retina 2016;36(4):750-757.
2. Lam WC, Albiani DA, Yoganathan P et al. for the CHROME Study Group. Real-world assessment of intravitreal dexamethasone implant (0.7 mg) in patients with macular edema: the CHROME study. Clinical Ophthalmology, 2015; 9:1255-68.
3.Ding J, Sieminski S, Yoganathan, P. Resolution of ocular siderosis glaucoma following removal of 30 year old intraocular foreign body. Can J Ophthalmol 2015;50(5):82-85.
4. Bregu M, Tesha PE, Wong DT, Giavedoni LR, Altomare F, Yoganathan P, Chow DR, Romano MR. Nausea and fluorescein injection speed. Ophthalmology 2012; 119(6):1281-1281.
5. Tesha PE, Giavedoni LR, Berger AR, Altomare F, Chow DR, Navajas EV, Yoganathan P, Wong DT, Principe A. Subconjunctival lidocaine before laser treatment: a randomized trial. Ophthalmology 2010;117(9):1810-4.
6. Yoganathan P, Berger AR. Topical Ketorolac in Vitreoretinal Surgery. Evidence Based Ophthalmology 2009;10(2):105-106.
7. Becker HM, Yoganathan P, Berger AR. Endophthalmitis post complicated cataract surgery associated with Klebsiella pneumoniae. Ann Ophthalmol 2009;41(34):189- 190.
8. Herschorn AB, Yoganathan P, Margolin EA, Berger AR. Inadvertent subretinal triamcinolone injection in a case of recurrent scleritis. Can J Ophthalmol 2009;44(4):33-34.
9. Yoganathan P, Conti S, Kavalec C. The use of intraoperative fluoroscopy as an aid for the removal of radiopaque intraorbital foreign bodies. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 2008;39(5)436:4.
10. Ronan SM, Yoganathan P, Chien FY et al. Retinal pigment epithelium tears after intravitreal injection of bevacizumab (avastin) for neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Retina 2007;27(5):535-540.
11. Yoganathan P, Deramo VA, Lai JC, Fastenberg DM. Visual improvement following intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) in exudative age-related macular degeneration. Retina 2006;26(9):994-998.
12. Bakri SJ, Nickel J, Yoganathan P, Beer PM. Photodynamic therapy for choroidal neovascularization associated with submacular hemorrhage in age-related macular degeneration. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 2006;37:278-283.
13. 2004 Yoganathan P, Meyer DR, Farber MG. Bilateral lacrimal gland involvement with Kimura disease in an African American male. Arch Ophthalmol 2004;122:917-919.