- A list of all medications you are currently taking
- Your glasses or contact lenses
- Sunglasses to wear on the way home (regardless of the weather)
- Medical insurance information and/or insurance card
- ID card or driver’s license
- Referral form from your primary care physician – when required
When You Arrive
Check in with the receptionist at the blue desk on the first floor who will direct you to the registration area. Please be aware that patient exams may take a few hours, especially if you are a new patient or require photographs or other tests. In addition, your appointment may require you to have your eyes dilated. Dilation will temporarily blur you vision and it is recommended you have someone drive you to your appointment.
If you have problems walking, please have someone accompany you to your appointment. If you have any questions, please call 313-577-8900.
Payment for services is expected after each appointment. If you have any questions about your payment, please call 313-577-8900.
The Kresge Eye Institute accepts Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, commercial insurance and many HMOs to the extent of their coverage, and Medicaid for physician referrals only. For particular questions regarding insurance, please call 313-577-8101.